Contribution Terms of Service
- Submit your book or zine to the database so everyone in the world can see it.
- If we ask, then send us a physical copy of it.
- We then own it but promise to look after it and not sell it.
- People see it and interact with it and may post pictures of it on the internet.
- We may promote it on the internet and in the cafe.
- All artists retain copyright.
- Everyone enjoys them.
- We are not responsible for loss or damage.
- We are looking for self-published photobooks and zines.
- Works published through small publishers will also be considered but we want this to be about the individual artistic expression.
- We will have special collections for small publishers who support photographers publishing their first books or unusual books that wouldn't necessarily get a large publishing deal.
- We are after personal projects that reflect a photographers artistic output.
- This can encompass any genre of photography.
- We don't care how you made it as long as you made it.
- The books must not contain offensive material (we are not easily offended but will not tolerate anything that is grossly offensive or indecent or that would contraviene any publishing laws in the UK).
- The copyright of all images in books or zines must be held by the author or they must have permission to use them. (no ripping people off).
- All images of your book/zine that you upload must be of a suitable quality, as set out in the contribution form specification.
All the details:
Terms are based on part of PBC’s (Photobookcafe) ethos of sharing and caring. We want people to feel included and welcome and to share their work with the world.
All books that are accepted, subject to the criteria layed out below will be included in the publicly accessible searchable database stored on this website. We reseve the right not to accept contributions that do not meet these criteria.
Once accepted onto the database, we may, at our descretion, request that you send us a physical copy of the item for inclusion in the permanent collection here at the PBC.
Once received, your book or zine will be added to a collection and go on public display at PBC. Each book or Zine will become a permanent part of the archive and will be considered for inclusion in exhibitions and events.
Books can be donated by collectors, publishers, friends, or by the artist themselves.
By agreeing to these terms you agree to the following:
- Ownership of content copyright will always remain with the Artist.
- Any copyright of material included in any publication submitted must have the relevant permission for use and PBC cannot be held responsible for any breaches of copyright in the puiblications.
- Permission is given to use my images to promote myself and PBC via the World Wide Web and at the cafe through displays and at events organized by PBC. Images will always be credited where possible.
- People using the library may photograph your book/zine and post it on the internet, but thats cool becasue we want to share everything and promote the work.
- We will do our utmost to ensure people treat your work with respect and look after it, and credit the work where posible, however:
- We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to items within our trust. We will of course try our hardest for this not to happen.
- By donating your item to the collection, you are agreeing to transfer ownership of the item to PBC without any financial ties.
- We promise not to sell the item or in anyway profit from it.
- All sales of books are to be conducted by the owner/artist/contributor and the prospective purchaser. PBC does not sell the books and will not enter into any negotiation or handling of sales.
- We reserve the right to remove, dispose or archive items from the collection as necessary.
- On perishing. We reserve the right to remove the item from display.
- We will make every effort to inform you of any collection updates regarding your item.
- Any decisions about accepting, including, displaying, removing, categorizing and placment are made by PBC and are final.